Looking for something to do for fun on campus after spending the day studying and in class? Below is a highlight of just a few of the activities going on across campus – for more events, including exercise classes, practices and organization meetings visit the WHAM calendar online.
Tuesday, November 9th
- Films with Flava – 12 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monsanto Room
- Come enjoy a flavorful movie highlighting black culture with ABC.
- Maryville Series of Poker – 6:30 p.m. , The Commons
- Come join MUTHA for the exciting fall 2010 Maryville Series of Poker. Entry, food and prizes are all free!
Wednesday, November 10th
- MSG Students First Luncheon 11 a.m., DUC Room 107
- Students First is a chance for students to attend a free lunch where they can sit at a round table discussion with other students and MSG members. During this time, students can share concerns or things they would like to see done at Maryville. If you are interested in attending this luncheon or future luncheons please e-mail John Murar, MSG VP of Student Concerns
- Civil Engagement Enemy: Technology – 5:30 p.m., Auditorium
Thursday, November 11th
- Maryville Reads Book Discussion – 12 p.m., DUC Room 107
- Join us for a Maryville Reads book discussion. What was the most empowering, interesting, insightful part of the book for you? If you had to write a book review what would you write? Who was your favorite character? What is your favorite quote? Join us as we discuss the book that everyone’s reading. For more information contact Danielle J. Carter, director of multicultural programs; 314.529.9684.
- Rockband Competition – 8 p.m., The Commons
- Come join CAB to see who really is the best rockstar on campus. Compete or come to play for fun and get a chance to win gift cards either in the competition or as door prizes!
Friday, November 12th
- T.G.I.F. – 3-5 p.m., University Center Patio
- Come join the student life office and fresh ideas to celebrate the end of the week with some free food!
Saturday, November 13th
- SNL: Johnny Cardinale – 9 p.m., The Commons
- Come join CAB and see comedian Johnny Cardinale who has been featured on the Emmy Awards and Chelsea Lately.
Sunday, November 14th
- Soul Food Sunday – 5:30 p.m., The Commons
- Come get to know ABC for fun activities and social time while enjoying a home cooked soul food meal.
Monday, November 15th
- Green Fashion Show – 6 p.m., Monsanto Room
- Are you interested in Green Fashion? If so, all students and faculty members are invited to attend the Annual ASID/IIDA Green Fashion Show. Organized by the American Society of Interior Design officers, we would like to welcome everyone who is interested in a great night of fashion, fun and most importantly sustainability. Our focus is to encourage all people to become aware of the significance of sustainability. In doing so, all fashion inspirations, looks and clothing will be made with sustainable items such as; old clothing, recycled materials and/or elements from nature. Use your imagination creatively and the winning team will be awarded a prize at the end of the fashion show. Food and drink will be provided.